Looking out on the lake, you can see the waves as boats tear through the water. They look like they’re barely touching the water as they speed by. You don’t have to just watch from the shoreline. Get in there and make some waves with today’s Swoop: $150 for two three-hour boat racing lessons on Lake Michigan from 3rd Coast Cruising (a $300 value).
This year, 3rd Coast Cruising offers new racing classes in addition to their own race nights. Classes are weekly Monday through Friday at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. You’ll get two classes to learn the ropes, the rules and the right way to race. With only six students per boat, the classes are small to ensure you get personal attention and in-depth, hands-on experience. You’ll learn how to sail a 30-foot racing boat from U.S. Coast Guard–licensed captains and certified instructors with experience to back their knowledge. Your safety will be the most important aspect of every lesson as you work your way up to higher speeds. The three-hour classes will make sure everyone gets a turn. Plus, you’ll get two classes to ensure you’re confident, experienced and ready to race past any boat on the lake. Not only will it be an adrenaline high watching the waves crash, but you’ll get some of the best views of Chicago’s skyline. So swoop in on today’s deal and learn how to outrace anyone on the lake.
How To Redeem Your Swoop:
1. Wait one business day for Swoop Certificate to be deposited into your YouSwoop account.
2. Go to http://bit.ly/RaceSail and register. Select YouSwoop as where you purchased your sailing package and enter your Swoop Certificate ID number in the “Voucher #” field.
3. Log in to schedule a lesson.
4. Print Swoop Certificate and present to staff at DuSable Harbor at first lesson.
5. Enjoy racing on the lake!