Have you ever had the urge to take that forkful of mashed potatoes and fling it across the table at an unsuspecting bystander? Who wouldn’t have wanted to be a part of the epic food fight in Hook? Don’t be afraid to make a mess with today’s Swoop from Tomato Battle. Choose from the following options:
- $25 for entry for one to the Tomato Battle on Saturday, September 1 (a $50 value)
- $40 for entry for two to the Tomato Battle on Saturday, September 1 (a $100 value)
This crazy day of tomato throwing and beer drinking marries the traditions of Spain’s La Tomatina tomato-throwing festival with Germany’s Oktoberfest. Start your day off with a drink from the Miller Lite beer garden, which opens at noon. Dance your heart out before the battle to live DJs. And be sure to dress up in your best tomato-themed costume, because you will have a chance to win prizes at the costume contest. The tomato battle craze begins at 4 p.m. where participants will hurl 300,000 pounds of over-ripe roma tomatoes at eachother. Since these tomatoes have already been marked for disposal, you don’t have to worry about them going to waste! Be sure to don old clothes or bathing suits, well-treaded shoes and safety goggles to protect yourself from flying pulp and juice. In the event of a tomato shortage, a giant mud battle will ensue — basically, you’re bound to have an epic battle regardless. Wash up after the tomato tossing is over and gear up with some fresh clothes to rock out to live entertainment from local DJs. So Swoop in on today’s deal for a grown-up food fight.
How To Redeem Your Swoop:
1. Wait one business day for Swoop Certificate to be deposited into your YouSwoop account.
2. Go to www.eventbrite.com/event/3702875400 and enter number of tickets for the Chicago event.
3. Click “Register” and enter information.
4. Enter Swoop Certificate ID number in “What is your Daily Deal Order confirmation” field.
5. Print Swoop Certificate and present to staff at event on September 1 from 12 to 7 p.m.
6. Enjoy the tomato craze!